If you are a really keen golfer you will want to practice as much as you can for as much time as you can.
First thing always to remember is that QUALITY PRACTICE is more important than quantity practice.
When you start all you want to do is to practice and get it right, but it is not the time you spend on it, it is the attention to detail in getting it right. If you work on your technique and get the skills/technique as sound as possible then that is really the first step.
So where should you go and do your practice?
You can work on all different parts of your game at a variety of places.
I have shared some with you below.
Some obvious places to practice are;
- the driving range (great for working on your swing, technique and getting rhythm),
- driving range at your local golf course,
- putting green at the range (if they have one?) and at your local golf course,
- chipping green at the range and at your local golf course,
- walking around on the golf course, you get to work on all areas, swing, pitching, chipping, putting, bunkers, different lies etc plus you are also practicing course management,
Not so obvious places to practice;
- Putting practice on your carpet at home
- Chipping practice off a pillow (with a soft ball indoors)
- Chipping practice in the backyard
- Swing practice in your backyard (not with ball, unless you have a massive backyard that can handle the length of a 9 iron shot)
- Bunker practice on the beach
- Chipping & Swing practice on an oval/football field or the park
- Chipping, pitching & putting practice on synthetic grass tennis court
- Putting in your office (obviously in break time)
Think outside the square and not be limited by only being able to practice at the range.
There are plenty of other places to practice.
Would love to hear where you do your practice when you don’t have access to the range or the golf course.
To your golfing success,
If you enjoyed this please do me a favour, share with your friends on facebook and please leave your comments below.
P.S. Are you so frustrated because you just can’t chip the ball to the hole with consistency? There will be a reason for that…find out here how you can solve that inconsistency in your chipping game. Click here to find out how!